Sunday, August 11, 2013

FW: Got married with Zbrush.


Project: Larva
Stage: FW(Finished Work)
Target: learning of Zbrush software capabilities
Programs used: Zbrush, Photoshop
Completion time: 18h

Hello everyone, it's good to be back. After some great pause in 3d exploration I finnaly got some extra time to do my own stuff again.
I present to You Larva - the hidious creature from unknown planet. This work is nothing but test work to learn some cool stuff in Pixologic Zbrush software using "Zbrush starting guide" as learning material. So the larva (or to be exactly precise - snail) was the main object to sculpt from sphere.
So little bit about Zbrush itself - it is kinda fascinating program, becouse it is not full 3d as it seems at the beginning, but it is 2D / 2.5D and it uses Pixols. So mainly You can chop the hell out of any geometrical primitive, adding many tesseleration levels as Your machine can handle and sculpt like Michelangelo could only dream of. Sadly - as it apeared on Meshpaint phase, software has it's own powerfull capabilities, but they all are morphed somehow into, but as it is not real 3D, things like diffuse map, specular map etc. can be painted in other software. Yes You have some features that allow U mimic the effect, but it is not as linear as in full 3D software. But hey - after all Zbrush is famous for incredible sculpting - so I will use it mainly in this way, becouse there is pretty intresting things to explore, like practising anatomy and hard surface sculpting.
And some couple words more about this work - as it turned out - this is 3rd version of slug/snail. As it happens about a half year ago I started to gain knowledge in Zbrush, but then came new computer and the project since then have been lost. So saturday I finnaly started all over and this time it was serious, but as it happens, I lost even the second slug, becouse project was not saved and only few hours later, when I started my final slug model, Zbrush mistirious ways leaded me to the Quicksave folder, where I located 2nd slug - which You see in picture abowe named (concept). Yap, it was long way to get to the result, it even seemed that Zbrush didn't want me to learn it, maybe he was jealous that I was Mudbox guy before. =) But soon after happy ending came to me and I hope You enjoy this playfull anime-like, colorfull work of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment