Friday, October 28, 2011

WIP: Vesalius - Gettin' under the skin.



For Your ease from this day I decided to group my posts givin'em a project names and stages like "WIP"(Work In Progress) and "FN" (Finished Work) projects. Also I will try to structure the text, so there gonna be less reading and more understanding.

Project: Vesalius
Stage: WIP(Work In Progress)
Target: deep exploration of human anatomy
Programs used: Maya, Mudbox, Photoshop

Just warm out of Mudbox comes my new creation - male head without skin. It may seem coincidence, that this weekend is Haloween and I came up with something like this, but the truth is - looking to my previous head model, that You may find in previous post, I decided, that I need to make a deeper exploration of anatomy of human. For that I chosed a old book, that I had for some 6 years called "Anatomy in dynamics" and in it's intro there is history short history of art, where as the godfather of Anatomy is mentioned Andreas Vesalius - so there came my projects name "Vesalius" - he is author of one of the most influential books on human anatomy, De humani corporis fabrica (On the Structure of the Human Body). More of him You cand find here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Vesalius
So I decided to go thru my book and put my new knowladge on a paper, but as 2D drawing for me is kind a routine i chosed to draw directly in 3D space using Mudbox again.
So - till today, I got thru pages with facial, head and neck proprotions/anatomy as well - so here is the results I came up with.
May it won't scear You so much as poore Freddie Cruger did in your childhood days, I hope You enjoy it and Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment