Thursday, October 27, 2011

Refreshing organic modeling skills



For those last couple of days I started to refresh my knowladge of organic modeling. The target was to model as realistic male head as possible using Mudbox and some knowladge of anatomy. So thru 2 days my "baby" morphed from template polygonal head to something intresting (how much it has from real head I leave to Your consideration). For me was intresting to watch, how the primitivnes of forms gained something ethicaly and esteticaly valued. I was wondering, how far I can push one characters head, where is the borders of my skill for now, and answer came after 2 days of work, when the allready satisfying model started to morph into some other person.

Finalising:
The main target was achieved in 2 days.
Got new skills in workflow with Mudbox.

New cgallanges:
Make realistic eyeball model with textures for character eyes.
Explore texture painting in Mudbox.
Explore workflow Mudbox-Maya-Mudbox.
Explore SSS shader for skin shading using VRay renderer in Maya.
Make new head model template for animation.

Working in mudbox was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment